VACANCY - Class One Classroom Assistant
Edinburgh Steiner School has a vacancy for a classroom assistant for new Class One beginning in the Autumn term.
The ideal person for the post have a strong interest in Steiner Waldorf education, and will be warm and sympathetic with an ability to blend into the background but step forward when needed. The hours of work will be 8.30am – 1.00pm five days per week, plus Thursday afternoons 1.50pm – 3.20pm, term times only. The annual salary will be £8,689.44, and this will be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments.
- Hours: 8.30am - 1.00pm Monday to Friday, and also Thursdays 1.50pm – 3.20pm
- Help set up classroom and activities with Class teacher
- Support Class Teacher/Subject Teacher in supervising/providing classroom management (physical environment and social/emotional sphere)
- Provide one to one support for children experiencing difficulties with behaviour or classroom tasks, to allow teacher to focus on core of the group. If several issues arise at any one time, work collaboratively with Teacher to resolve them.
- It may be that the assistant covers the Teacher for short breaks during the day eg “comfort” breaks, or when Teacher is talking to parents/colleagues
- Share playground supervision and helping the children socially at outside play times
- Be a positive role model for the children in their regard for the Teacher and the Teacher’s authority within the school. This will include joining unobtrusively in recitation, singing, gesture and attention.
- Take children out of the classroom to give them some quiet time when asked to do so by the class teacher.
If you are interested in the post please send a letter of application together with your CV and the names and addresses of two referees to email@example.com. The successful person must already have a PVG or be able to acquire one.
Closing date for applications – Thursday 15th June 2017